Friday, October 3, 2008

The wedding

The main reason I went to Arizona was to attend my cousin's wedding. I spent the first few days with MaryAnn and Teresa, then Fri. afternoon, Sat. and most of Sun. in Fountain Hills with my birth dads side of the family. They are absolutely wonderful and it is always great to spend time with them.
It was a busy time, but lots of fun and I met a lot of very nice people. Friday night they had the grooms dinner at this fun steak house. The steak was great, the company even better. It had been a little over four years since I had spent time some of the family, so it was great to have time to catch up.
Saturday was a pretty mellow day. . . for me, not the bride and her family. We enjoyed a nice lunch (Renee (aunt), Ruby (grandma) and me) at a fun little restaurant near Ruby's house. Then we just relaxed until it was time to get ready for the wedding. It was a hot time of year, so they were worried about it being too hot during the wedding (it was outside), but a storm rolled in just as the wedding was starting and cooled things off. In fact they had to hurry a bit and didn't get as many pictures outside because it started to rain. But it was still beautiful. Thankfully the reception was inside.


Kari and Ruby

Keith and Kristin (uncle and cousin)

Keith, Caleb and Rod (uncle, cousins baby, uncle)

Me and Grandma Ruby

Ruby and Rod (grandma and uncle)

The wedding party, one of the quick shots outside

me and Renee (aunt)

Keith and Renee

Andrea and Lynn cute mother and daughter.
On Sunday we all met at Lynn's house and had a great lunch before everyone left. Then I returned to MaryAnn's and that is when we went to visit Theron and Kim. It was a wonderful trip and I had such a great time.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Ok sad you were here so close to me and I didn't know it!!!