Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fun Weekend

Wow, I can't believe what a fun busy weekend we had. It was great! The Johnston's arrived Thurs. night about 9 p.m. and we pretty much played until they left Sat. about 6:30 p.m. The kids all have so much fun with their kids. They all have a friend close to their age. . . so they just play, play, play.
Friday morning we got up, ate breakfast and the kids played more. Shelly and I went out for some girl time, shopping, met the husbands for lunch, then a movie. After all that fun, we carted the kids different places. The girls had a birthday party (Megan was able to join them), Kaden was going out to dinner with his youth leaders (he earned a stake dinner by giving a very detailed report about conference), Dusty went with him. Shelly and I dropped by Wal-mart to pick up light bulbs and ingredients for Peaches and Cream cheese pie. Rich had been busy the entire time they were here installing lights and hanging a mirror and fixing a door, just to name a few. So we needed more light bulbs and the pie is his favorite, so I thought he had earned at least that much. A friend of ours was celebrating his 40th b-day, so we went to that too. It was a busy run around night. Phil and Rich then went to a late movie while Shelly and I put the kids to bed. Then she and I watched another movie. It was midnight again before I got to bed.
Saturday we ate a late breakfast and just spent a good portion of the morning in the kitchen. I love days like that. I really like making food for my friends and talking to them at the same time. It was fun. Shelly made a yummy apple crisp from some apples our neighbors gave us. Oh, we ate ALOT of food this weekend. YUMMY. So then we had a late lunch and just enjoyed the rest of the afternoon before our friends left. Time always seems to go by so fast when they are here. I guess that means we are having lots of fun.
The kids enjoyed painting little pumpkins and playing outside a lot. Shelly took our pictures too. I'll put those on the different post. So all in all it was a GREAT weekend.

Kyson and Kauri painting

Kambrie, raising her hand for some reason

Megan putting stripes on her pumpkin

Logan having fun

A view of all the fun. You can kind of see the new lights over my stove. So nice!
Riding down the hill in the little wagon. Kyson fell of, so then he ran after Logan.
Three little monkeys in a tree.
Kyson and Logan going down the hill again. . . so much fun.
Megan gave it a try.

Kyson is quite the silly boy
Looks like Kyson was a little tired after all the fun.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Ann, consider yourself tagged! See: http://stuffthingsaremadeof.blogspot.com/2008/10/7-random-things.html