Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The adventures never end

For some strange reason when I am gone, strange things happen at our house. Usually involving Phil and the younger three kids. One of the last times I was out for the night, Phil had the girls riding on the wagon behind the lawn tractor, holding some posts on. They were coming down from the garden and it had started to rain. Well, the tractor started to slide and so Phil put on the brakes and the little wagon jack knifed sending the girls and the polls careening down the hill. Before you gasp, like I did, just remember little wagon, little hill. But it was scary for the girls and I guess even more scary for Kyson who was following a long. He has this special bond with Becca (who is going by Kauri) and completely freaked out because he thought she was dead. Apparently he didn't care about Kambrie. I'm just glad I wasn't here. Nobody got hurt. . . but the way they described it as I walked in the house scared the pants off me. I told Phil he better start talking and quick because I was freaking out. So that was a few months ago.
Then last night I get another interesting story when I got home. Phil decided that he would send Kambrie, Kauri and Kyson up to the garden to pick the rest of the peppers. Just a reminder our garden is quite far from the house, up a path into the woods. . . and it was dark. They are braver than me because I wouldn't have done it. So Phil has one head lamp and two flash lights for them. So he works out a plan so they don't fight over the head lamp. Kambrie can wear it on the way up, Kyson can wear it up there, and Kauri and wear it on the way down. He entrusted the girls with clippers and Kyson with lighting up the plants for the girls. And it worked really well. They gathered a large amount and headed back down the path. About midway down the path there is an oak tree that has rotted out, I've always thought it would make a great home for some little critter. And some little critter, a raccoon, was in it last night as the kids came back down. Kambrie said it made a little growl noise so she shined her flashlight on it, and then screamed, "like a horror scream in a haunted castle." Then Kyson started crying. . . they pretended it wasn't there and continued bravely down the path. Then they heard another rustling sound and Kambrie said, "o.k. we can run now" and the "zoomed" down the path. Well in all the fun Kambrie left a pair of clippers in the garden and Phil wanted her to go get them tonight. So she put on the head lamp and started across the drive way (I then heard a loud long scream)her trusty head lamp had shone on a pair of eyes. So after the encounter last night, and then seeing the "eyes" tonight (it was just a neighborhood dog) there is no way she is going up in the dark. Kauri and Kyson made several attempts, but couldn't quite brave it either. I guess if Phil wants his clippers he will have to get them himself tonight, or wait until it is light for the kids to venture up there. I fully support them in their being scared to go up there in the dark, they already proved they are braver than I am!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Okay Ann, I have decided that your house is haunted!:) What a funny story. They are brave. I would never go up there in the dark.