Friday, June 13, 2008

Laughter Is The Best Medicine

Lately I've had a big case of the grumpies. Not sure why, maybe it was being sequestered in my house for so long painting, (post traumatic stress) or the crazy end of the school year stuff, (much too busy) or the lack of adult social interaction with all the kids home for the summer (I really need more social interaction). Whatever the reason I really needed a fun night out. So a good friend and I started planning last week to go out last night. It was so fun to have something to look forward to all week. I was so excited, almost giddy to have a fun relaxing night out.
And . . . it was just what the Dr. ordered. My entire attitude is so much better today! I had such a good time. We laughed continually (in short bursts) the entire night. Laughed and talked through dinner, mostly laughed while in Sears trying to figure out a Fathers Day gift for Phil (the men in there really thought we were crazy). Laughed even more as we sniffed and sprayed our way through Bath and Body works. We came out of there with about 20 different smells all over us. Yummy! Laughed our way to the movie, laughed really hard at silly stuff during the previews, laughed really hard when one of us dumped pop down our shirt, and continued laughing during the funny movie. Laughed on our way home. . . ahhh, what a great night. Thanks my wonderful friend. . . yes, that's you Leslie, love you tons!

5 comments:

Leslie Jordan said...

I couldn't agree more! I had such a great day today. I wasn't tired or grouchy. I know it was because I was completely refreshed. That was exactly what I needed! Thank you for loving me for being me. It seems rare these days. This morning I recounted our moments of uncontrollable laughter to Richard, and he didn't get it. I tried to explain why everything was funny, but it didn't work. Oh well. Just for the record, last night was definitely my record for pouring pop down my shirt. I came home, got undressed, and realized just how much pop went down there. You would be shocked. Honestly, I really should have just gotten a straw. And, all day long I've been hearing your voice say, "The first time I ever saw a wet seal was in Hawaii!!" Even now, it makes me laugh out loud. Yes, just what I needed. Thank you so much. Love you.

Jenni said...

There is nothing like a good laugh with friends!

Mandy said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! Say hello to Leslie for me!

Hillary said...

Nothing like a girls' night out to lift your spirits!

Jen said...

I love to laugh! I think that is why I try to surround myself with friends that don't take life too seriously and know how to enjoy it and laugh at themselves, etc.. Kind of like your fun night. I'm glad you had a good time Ann. We'll have to have a fun girls night soon.