Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Kids

Our kids are going through a interesting phase right now. There is a clear split, Kaden and Kambrie - Becca and Kyson. They are all playing really well together in this little grouping. I just worry about it a little bit. . . maybe they will all decide they can play together. I'm just happy that Kaden is involved with them at all. Given the age difference between him and the other kids, he tends to do his own thing a lot.
Him and Kambrie both work with the dogs. Kambrie's one dog job turned into two when another puppy joined their house. So she recruited Kaden to help her. He had a hard time being her "employee" at first, and they both had to work on how they treated each other. But now things are going well.
They have all decided that the sleeping arrangements need to be switched, about every night. As long as they sleep and they don't think they can join our bed, I'm pretty much good with it. So Sunday night Kaden and Kambrie slept in Kaden's room (kambrie on the floor). Becca and Kyson in their own beds. Monday night, same arrangement in Kaden's room, Becca in her bed, Kyson in there in Kambrie's bed. Tuesday night, Kambrie in her room and her bed, Kaden in there in Becca's bed. Becca in Kyson's room in Kyson bed, Kyson in there as well, sleeping on his floor. It's kinda funny and I'm trying to be flexible, so as long as they sleep and don't fight, we will see how long the musical beds lasts.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

You already know about our experience of musical beds. How funny. You're right though. At least they're sleeping.

Jenni said...

I think it is sweet that they want to be near each other. Emily can't wait to have her own room but I won't be surprised if we see this kind of behavior at our new house.