Sunday, June 1, 2008

Girls night out


A tradition we have started in our family is when the boys have their father/son camp out, we girls do something fun. That fun thing the past few years is going to the mall shopping. So off we went, Grandma and all to enjoy an evening of shopping. I have learned that when I take these two shopping divas that I plan on not shopping for myself. I also call them my S.I.T.s (shoppers in training). I feel it my personal responsibility to teach them how to shop. So it is quite an intensive routine, but they are learning really well. This is how the evening went.

1st stop - gum ball machines
2nd stop - Claire's. Ooh and aah over all the cute cute earrings. Pick out several pair, decide to share one pair so they can get the buy 2 get 1 deal. Put those on hold. . . they want to make sure another store doesn't have anything they want more. (good application of one of my lessons)
3rd stop - Icing - walk in and out. Jewelry too big and danglee (I was pretty scared of that store actually)
4th stop - Limited Too. This is their absolute favorite store. Guided them toward the sale rack, told them their dollar limit and let them go to town. We had a great time watching them model the different clothes they picked out. After some time, they made a choice, grabbed a couple pair of earrings of the buy one get one rack and left. Whew it was a whirl wind.
5th stop - Macy's - they didn't stay long. But we lost Grandma, so we waited by the escalator, then they started riding it up and down, then a nice lady made them stop. Still couldn't find grandma.
6th stop - Orange Julius to get a smoothie and walk back to Macy's to find Grandma.
7th stop - Claire's to purchase the earrings they had picked out, and Kambrie found another stuffed animal is just had to have. Convinced them that they didn't need to spend all of the money they had brought with them. I'm pretty much ready to go at that point anyway.
8th stop - gum ball machines again.
Done and heading home. Once we got home they had to rejoice over their purchases once again, put everything away, decide when they were going to wear what and went to bed. We were all tired. But it was a fun night. Love my girls.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

So fun! My mom taught me these very same principles of shopping. A very wise lesson.

Julie said...

So fun!!!! I still love shopping with my mom & sisters.