Kaden and Kauri working very hard on their ornaments. They did turn out pretty.
Kambrie and Kyson concentrating on their ornaments.
This was a fun activity for the kids. I will have to remember to get stuff like that again for them to do. They were all excited to see how they turned out and immediately put them on the tree.
For dinner we decided to stick with our tradition of having Mexican food for Christmas Eve dinner. We had enchiladas, carnitas, rice with black beans and chips with Phil's very yummy salsa.
After dinner we had them shower and get in their p.j.'s and then settled in to watch a movie together. After the movie we had them open a present, which is a new tradition for us. They all got new p.j.'s and changed into them. Next year we will let them do this before the movie, this got them a little excited. However, they did go to bed quickly and seemed to fall asleep rather fast. Phil and I were still "helping" Santa at this point, but finished up around midnight. We told the kids they couldn't get up before 6 a.m.

2 comments:
Looks like such a fun evening. I love the idea of having a group activity. Dinner sounds yummy. I'm hungry right now. I think I would pay a lot of money for Phil's salsa right now. Any chance you two will start a business on the side? :-)
What a fun holiday you had. So sad to have them over, but nice to get back to life to. I loved Kambrie's idea of Christmas, she summed it up really well.
Post a Comment