were people enjoying pie. . . yup the rhyming ends here. We had several friends over on Wed. to enjoy pie. There were lots of yummy pies to choose from and time to catch up with friends we don't get to see that often.
In the midst of that, the Johnstons arrived and so our kids fun began! They came to spend Thanksgiving with us, which is pretty much a tradition with our families, I think out of the 12 Thanksgivings we have been here, we have spent 10 with them. Since neither one of our families live anywhere near us. . . we are each others families.
Thursday morning began around 7 a.m. when I couldn't sleep any longer and decided to get up and make the pies. I was really looking forward to pumpkin pie. . . yummy. Shelly started in on the stock and getting the 24 lb. turkey in the oven. Yes, we like lots of left overs! So between 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. we made 3 pies, 3 dozen rolls, sweet potatoes, jello salad (requested by the kids) 10 lbs of potatoes, stuffing, gravy and roasted the big turkey. The feast was great. There were 12 of us in all enjoying the fruits of our labor.
Shelly preparing the bird, we had to d-wing it so it would fit in the pan better. That would have been funny to catch on video. . .

Rich starting to carve the bird!

Yummy pies

Rolls ready to eat. . . we have a picture of the fabulous looking bird, but it is on Shelly's camera. . . but it was roasted to a golden perfection and tasted amazing.

The girls ready to eat.

Everyone siting down to eat, except poor Rich was still carving that huge bird.

What a mess to clean up after. . . and we had been cleaning as we were cooking!

Rich enjoying one of his favorite pies, peaches and cream cheese.

A little after dinner wrestling, that is Kaden under the pile.

Kyson gets his turn.

This was Phil's after dinner activity. . . he barely made it to the couch from the table!

Kaden enjoying the pumpkin pie

Dusty digging in. Man those 13 year olds can eat!
All in all it was a great day. Around 6 p.m. Shelly and I headed off to a movie and left the guys to clean up. After cleaning all the boys 13 and up went to a late movie. So when we returned the kitchen was all clean and the kids were ready for bed. It was a lovely day. I am so thankful for our wonderful friends and family.


6 comments:
Hmm.... someone leaving not nice notes??!! I'll email you the turkey shot! What a fun weekend, Logan has been asking all day when we are going back to play! Thanks for letting invade! If you want to read a funny story about jello, go read my sister's thanksgiving entry. I laughed until I cried - even better than the dang turkey wings!
Yes, someone decided they could put junk on here, like an ad, very irritating. So I changed it so I can approve them before I publish them, so you better say only nice things. I'll check out the story, I need a good laugh, Kyson is now sick!
Looks like you guys had a GREAT time! It was fun to see all the happy faces!!!
Post a Comment