Kaden's current passion is skate boarding. He started showing interest a few years ago, and has really stuck with it. He will spend hours out on our driveway practicing a new trick or riding around the neighborhood. He has always had good balance and it is paying off! It's fun to see him excited about learning to do something new. I'm just glad he has found another thing he likes to do that gets him out of the house and he gets great exercise. He usually comes in the house all red faced and sweaty, chugs down some milk or other food and out he goes again. Sadly after taking these pictures he broke his board on Saturday. . . bummer. I guess a board can only withstand so much pounding. A couple of his good friends also like to skate and they will either go to the outdoor skate park or an indoor one for 4-5 hours at a time. When they go to the outdoor one they pick their hours carefully. During the day there aren't as many "older" people there and so then there isn't as much smoking or foul language going on. At the indoor one they have great rules and it is a fun safe place for kids who like to skate. After watching Kaden skate I have a greater appreciation for skaters. It takes a lot of work and is very hard, but is so cool to watch all the tricks. Never thought I would have a skater kid. . .
Kaden mid-air doing an ali (I think that is what it is called.)

Doing some trick where you flip the board over then land back on it right side up.

One of the last days of the life of this board


A friend gave him this rail, he has gotten really good at it and could jump over it. Actually I think that is how he broke his board was by landing on this, one to many times.
1 comment:
HOLY COW!!! He is so good that was fun to watch Savannah and I watched like 3 times.
Post a Comment