Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Reading Dilemma

I've been reading the unabridged version of The Count of Monte Cristo for a long time now. . . taking breaks to read other smaller quicker books. I'm on page 750 out of 1078 and I just bought two new books today, one is 1,000 pages the other about 600. I need to read several books for the book clubs I go to, come up with a short list of books to recomend. . . and I just want to plunge into one of the new books I bought today. Why do I do this to myself??? I'm such a reading junkie. I really should have maintained willpower and not bought books today, but I needed a boost. . . now I'm torn. If anyone has read The Count. . . please tell me it's worth reading to the end, I'm getting to side tracked and may loose interest. I have really enjoyed it so far. . . just having a hard time picking it up lately.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I think they make abridged books for a reason! I'm a big fan (it's one of my all time favorites) of the abridged version of "The Count of Monte Cristo." I would recommend picking it up (you can borrow mine) and finishing it because it is an excellent read.

Steph said...

I think with all those books you should ask Santa for a Amazon Kindle for christmas. There is a good coupon for it on oprah's web site. They sound way cool. No more buying books! Well kind of you down load.

Jenni said...

I hear ya! I read The Count a long time ago and I loved it. Good luck with your dilemma. I also loved all of your previous posts especially Kyson's.