After spending several weeks in Wyoming we were ready to hit the road again. Phil had returned home at this point to work, and would be flying to San Diego, and that is where I would meet up with him. It was our first time to be away from the kids, but we knew they were in good hands with Phil's parents and his brother Jeff and their family. So the kids and I braved the short 4 hour drive to Salt Lake a few days before I would leave for San Diego. I wanted to get them all settled before I left, which is a lot of work!



Phil and I had an amazing time in San Diego. This was our first time there and we really enjoyed it. The weather was perfect, yummy food and lots of entertainment. I should mention that Phil was there for work. He has just taken over the travel contracts and so he was there at the NBTA (Nation Business Travelers Association) conference, which is a HUGE deal. So while he was at conferences all day, I would play. It didn't take me long to find a mall I could walk to, so I would shop and went to a movie. Another day I walked along the sea side village and enjoyed strolling along the ocean front. It was great. I almost felt guilty for not missing the kids as much as I thought I would.
We discovered Old Town and a wonderful Mexican restaurant there. We both love Mexican food and were in heaven. Our last day there we tried to go snorkeling. I say "tried" because the visibility was terrible. But we had fun trying.
Phil and I aboard the USS Midway. Several travel companies held an event there. We had a tour of the ship, tons of amazing food and entertainment.
Part of the entertainment was Gary Sinise and the Lieutenant Dan Band. I didn't know he was multi-talented. The band was really good. Some of us went on stage for a few minutes. It was a very fun night.

1 comment:
Wow, that's cool that you saw Gary Sinise. I love San Diego, and it's such a bonus that Jeff's from there. Love the past summer posts. Looks like a ton of fun!
Post a Comment