Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring Break Under Construction

Did we have a fun spring break? Sure we did some fun stuff. . . but mainly we tore our house apart. We have been planning on updating our house since we moved in. Now we have an event at our house on May 10th, so we are trying to cram it all in in the next month. These pictures capture the current state of our house.




This is our small bathroom just off the breeze way entry to our house. All the fixtures including the toilet are sitting outside on our front porch. I'm sure the neighbors love seeing that as they drive by. There will be a new vanity, faucet, paint and tile.















Our living room void of furniture and in the process of dry wall repair so we can paint.












Our front entry way. Oh, here is some of the furniture that is usually in the living room. I didn't take pictures of the kitchen/family room area. I'm not sure we are going to tackle that. We did add lots of lighting. I guess when you build a house in 1979 you don't add any overhead lighting. So we are loving the brightness of our new lights!










This room is technically a dinning room, but we feel it would be wasted used as such, so we are turning it into a library/music room. A window seat is going to be built, replace the lovely light fixture and of corse painted. Lots and lots of painting.










This is a picture of the outside of our house. Taken several years ago. We love the location, the fact that we have 2 wooded acres for the kids to explore. . . we knew we would have a lot of updating to do, but it has a great floor plan and it will be worth it when we are all done. If we surive. I will post pictures of the finished rooms. I'm so excited to get it done.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Good luck with your projects! It is a lot of work but will be worth it in the end.

Leslie Jordan said...

This is such a pretty picture of your house. For some reason it makes me think of Little Women. Sigh.