Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Just Starting Out

After reading several friends blogs I've decided it is time to start one for our family. Although I'm not a super creative writer, I'm hoping that what goes on in my head will come through o.k. on this blog. I think I'm pretty funny and have lots to say, but once I start writing it just doesn't come out. So maybe with some practice I will get better. So be patient with me during this learning process and enjoy a glimpse into our crazy, but fun life.
I have to start out today with a couple of funny things people in our family have said lately. In the car a few days ago Kyson (this is where we seem to have quite a few interesting conversations, could it be that we are in the car a lot?) asks me how old I will be when he is my age. So after some quick math I realized that I would be my moms age when he is my age. So I told him I would be Grandma Walton's age. To this he exclaims, "That old! But she is all wrinkly!" I was a little thrown off by that knowledge as well. I always thought I would be a younger mom than my mom, but not so. I'm still trying to adjust to that reality.
Then today, Phil says, "I'm going on strike." "From what" I sweetly ask him, "From wearing a coat. I refuse, it is March it should be warmer that this." So this is Phil's way of rebelling against our long yucky winter. By not wearing a coat when it is 20 degrees outside and snowing. And it will be even colder the next few days. Yes, I think he is loosing his mind. But I guess he is showing the Minnesota winter who is boss.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of Blogging!

I agree with Phil (except it is just too cold to not wear a coat)

Leslie Jordan said...

I'm so happy to see you started a blog! Yeah! You're officially added to my google reader. I think the process of daily writing is so therapeutic. I love mine. It's wonderful. I've always wanted to be a consistent journaler, but I could never make it work. My blog solved that problem. You'll love it. Plus, it makes scrapbooking easier! Yeah for you! I'm so happy!