Tuesday, March 18, 2008

In The Dark

Last night just as I was getting the younger kids in bed, the power went out. It was so dark we had a hard time making it from the girls room to Kyson's where he was crying because he was scared. Once everyone congregated in there, I went in search of a flashlight. Thankfully I knew right where it was. It was a little spooky walking through the house in the dark, and with Phil gone I made sure that all the doors were locked. I then got the creeps because I saw a shadow pass by the window, I'm sure it was mine, but my imagination started envisioning all those horror movies where the power goes out. . . then the scary guy comes crashing into the house. Well, that didn't happen, and the kids soon thought it was a great fun finding candles to light and pretending we were back in the Laura Ingalls time period. So I read some Little House to them, got them all calmed down then they went to bed. The power finally came back on a few hours later. I didn't realize until the power came back on that there is a hum about the house when the power is on. And it sure is quiet when it is off.
I learned a few things. One, have a flashlight upstairs. And two, don't let the kids carry around a candle that drips dark red wax. Anyone have any great ideas on how to get wax out of carpet??

2 comments:

Kris said...

Ok, wax.........put a brown paper bag over the spot and then iron the paper bag. The wax should melt onto the bag. I've never (thankfully!) had to use this on carpet, but I've tried it on table cloths, quilts, runners, etc.
Good luck!

Kristi said...

That sounds very scary--eek!