Thursday, October 29, 2009

Time Out for Woman

Last weekend several friends and I attended a wonderful conference in Minneapolis. It was a wonderful experience and I am so glad that I was able to attend. I heard wonderful speakers, beautiful music and felt the spirit and was able to spend time with some wonderful friends.


This is at the end of the conference with some of the wonderful presenters. From left to right: Breanna, Deanne Flynn, me, Mary Ellen Edmunds, Kim Nielson, Janus, Brent Top, Yukie, and Karen and Shelly in front.


I love these women.
Me and Breanna, we have too much fun together, even when we are suppose to be quiet and listen.
Having lunch with the Midtovne women. Such a good time.
The majority of time was spent with these two lovely ladies.

Ahhh, cute Shelly and Janus. We had so much fun.

Me and Michael Mclean! I have loved his music for years. The messages in his songs have touched my heart many times. I could listen to the Forgotten Carols cd over and over, so good. Also, the song "From Gods Arms, to My Arms to Yours" had always been a favorite too. He sang a lot of his songs, but in addition to the previous mentioned song, "Lullaby for Me" really moved me. We were all crying through out a lot of his presentation, including him. I really enjoyed meeting him and talking to him. It was one of the many highlights of the weekend.
The music from Cherie Call was great also. Come to find out, her dad is from Star Valley. What a small world. I learned a lot over the two days. I really enjoyed how real all of the presenters were. There wasn't any pretext of perfection and that life was easy. One thing that has really stuck with me was from Kim Nielson. He was talking about how we treat ourselves, that inner dialog we have in our heads. Now if we saw a mother talking to and treating her child like that, would we think she was a good mother? We need to be a good mom to ourselves. I hadn't really thought about it like that before. Also, have fun. Laugh, and laugh some more. I know I need to do this more, especially with my kids. I feel like I have to be so serious as a mom. Boring! Also, enjoy every moment, they don't last long. I got so much more out of this, but I'm not that great at articulating it. All in all, wonderful!






5 comments:

Jen said...

I couldn't agree more. I too, took what Kim Nelson said and cherished it. What an excellent way to look at things. I try to remember that. I just tried not to be seen by anyone. I looked like i'd been beaten. The way I always look after I cry even for .1 second. Glad you had fun. I want to go every time.

Jen said...

Oh Ya, glad you are blogging again!! I'm with ya, we can't remember everything. I love my blog. I write in my journal and my blog. We've been asked to do that right! It is worthy of our time.

However, I'm not so good at reading others as much anymore. That's okay, it's nice to know I can always catch up if I have a second!

Julie said...

What a fun day! It caught me off guard to see that picture, Mary Ellen Edmunds is in my new ward.

Kristy said...

Way cool! It's great to read your blog! Hugs & Kisses to you and your family!

Jelllo said...

Ann, I didn't know you have a blog! I came across it on Nikki's blog! How fun! :) I read some of your posts, and it totally made me miss all the girls in MN! :) Well, I finally have a blog, too! We should be blog friends. :)